- 2 lb 90% Lean Chopmeat
- 4 clove Fresh Garlic
- 1/2 cup Fresh Basil, chopped
- 3/4 cup Parmesan Romano Cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup Progresso Bread Crumbs
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 tbsp water
- 3/4 cup olive oil (for frying)
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- Finely chop garlic and parsley, if possible use processor. Set aside.
- In a large frying pan, heat oil over medium heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, season chop meat first with salt and pepper. Add basil, chopped garlic and parsley. Mix by hand only once or twice.
- Add the eggs to the meat, along with the Parmesan cheese and bread crumbs. Mix by hand only once or twice.
- TIP: The meat can become too tough if mixed too much so be sparing when mixing together. Only 4 or 5 times at most.
- If the texture of the meat still seems too dry, add water but be sparing.
- Roll 2 inch meat balls and fry for about 10 minutes or until desired. Some may like them more crispy, taste stays the same!
- The meat balls are so good you can enjoy them solo or add them to your favorite pasta dish! They are also amazing in a meatball hero 🍴😍