- 2 c thinly sliced leeks (white and pale green parts only)
- 1 1/2 c dry white vermouth or wine
- 4 tbsp butter, cut into 1/2" cubes
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb mushrooms
- 1/4 c sliced shallots
- 1 (10 oz) package frozen peas, thawed
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh flat leaf parsley, divided
- 2 tsp chopped fresh thyme
- 4 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 lb sweet Italian sausage, large links, grilled; sliced on the diagonal into 2" pieces
- 1 lb pasta, cooked al dente
- Place the leeks and wine in a saucepan over high heat and bring to a boil; lower the heat and cook at a simmer until the liquid is reduced to approximately 1/3 c. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the butter, a few pieces at a time. Add the cream, and return the pot to the very low heat, whisking to prevent scorching, and cook 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper and remove from heat.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet set over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and sauté for 5 minutes. Stir in the shallots, 1 tbsp of parsley and all the thyme. Continue cooking until the mushrooms are very tender, about 5 minutes more. Add the peas; toss well. Remove from the heat and add the leek mixture. Set aside.
- Place the drained cooked pasta in a large shallow serving bowl. Pour the leek, mushroom and pea mixture over the pasta and add the remaining fresh parsley. Toss to distribute evenly. Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese over all and serve with grilled Italian sausages. 712 calories/serving; GL=20, Glycals=131