- 9 Large Yellow Onions, Julienne
- 2 T Olive Oil
- 3 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1 C Dry Red Wine
- 3 1/2 Qt Beef Stock
- 3 Bay leafs
- 2 T Thyme, Fresh
- to taste Salt/Black Pepper
- Cut the ends off the onions and slice julienne. In the mean time, get your soup pot going with the olive oil
- Add the onions into the pot, at low heat, covered, for about 1 hr 30 minutes, stir occasionally.
- Add garlic, then deglaze the pan with the red wine. Reduce to half.
- Add the beef stock, bay leaf, thyme, and seasoning.
- Let it simmer for about 45 minutes.
- After its done, top with sliced french baguette and melt your favourite cheese. Enjoy!