- 6 tbsp Margarine (softened)
- 1/3 cup Caster sugar
- 1 large Egg
- 1/2 cup All-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tbsp Cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1 Chocolate chips
- 1 Powdered sugar (icing sugar; optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Prepare cupcake/muffin pan by greasing with butter and sprinkling some flour. This recipe makes 8 cupcakes.
- Put together the margarine, sugar, egg, flour and cocoa. Mix well through a whisk or you may opt to use an electric mixer, stand or hand.
- Add the baking powder and baking soda. Mix thoroughly until batter is smooth.
- Using half of the mixture, spoon some on the pan.
- Put the chocolate chips on each one and cover with the other half of the batter.
- Bake for 20 minutes. The cupcakes should rise once baked.
- You may opt to sprinkle some powdered sugar on top. Serve and enjoy!