- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 large onions diced
- 2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 (12 oz) cans chilli beans
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 can (12 oz) tomato juice
- chilli powder
- 2 cups finely shredded cheddar cheese
- oyster crackers
- 1 tub sour cream
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- Brown the beef in a Dutch oven, adding one of the diced onions and crushed red pepper flakes as the beef cooks.
- Drain off all grease and return to Dutch oven. Add tomato paste, beans, beef broth, tomato juice, some salt, pepper, and chilli powder to taste.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and let simmer stirring occasionally, untill thick enough to coat the spoon.
- Serve cheddar cheese, oyster crackers, sour cream, and the other diced onion on the side.