- 4 bell peppers
- 1 red onion diced
- 1 jalapeño (seeded for less heat) diced
- 1/2 lb chorizo
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1 tblsp cumin
- 1 tblsp paprika
- I bunch green onion (optional)
- 2 diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup cheese for each pepper
- 3-4 limes cut into wedges (optional)
- 2 cups cooked rice
- Cut bell peppers in half and remove seeds and rids.
- Set pan on med-high heat add oil to pan once hot add and brown meat. Once meat is browned add in red onion, tomatoes, spices and jalapeño. Stir and sauté about 3 to 5 mins and remove from heat. Stir in cooked rice.
- In a baking pan add oil and rub peppers in oil and season with salt pepper. Add in meat mixture and bake for 30 min in a 350 degree oven.
- When there is about 5 minutes left of 30 min cook time remove peppers from oven and cover with cheese and return to oven.
- Once cheese is melted remove from oven and garnish with chopped cilantro, green onions, limes, sour cream or whatever else you would like.