- 1 box Zatarain's yellow rice
- 1 Rotisserie chicken
- 1/2 lb asparagus. sliced
- 1 small sweet onion, sliced thin
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 2 1/2 C water
- 1 C chicken broth, low sodium
- S & P lightly, very lightly on salt
- 1 Red pepper, cut into small chunks (optional)
- Clean chicken off the bone and cut into bitesize pieces. Chop the onion and asparagus as well. You can add red bell pepper chunks also.
- Make the rice according to box. This tends to be quite salty so you may want to make your own rice. I used it because it was late in making dinner.
- Once rice is done, add the broth, chicken, onion and asparagus to it. Mix together, cover and let simmer for 10-13 minutes before serving.