- 5 ounces unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 7 ounces bittersweet chocolate, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract (me: vanilla powder)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons warm water
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- 2/3 cup all purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray an 8 by 8 inch square pan with non stick cooking spray and lay the bottom with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a small cup mix together the warm water with the instant espresso powder, set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the sugar and butter until fluffy. Add the eggs, vanilla extract and espresso mixture. Beat until all is combined.
- Add the melted chocolate and whisk, add the dry ingredients and mix everything together until it’s incorporated but don’t over mix.
- Pour batter into your prepared pan and bake for about 40 to 45 minutes or until when a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out with moist crumbs but not wet batter.
- Cool for about 5 minutes in the pan and then transfer them to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Cut into bars and serve!