- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 potatoes, diced small-ish
- 2 carrots, diced small-ish
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup frozen green peas
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 1/2 tbsp ketchup
- 2 1/2 tbsp olive oil, extra virgin
- 1/2 tbsp sambal (or crushed chili, or red pepper flakes)
- Heat 2 tbs oil in wok/Sautee pan, add potatoes and carrots, cook then set aside to drain
- Sautee ground beef, cook then set aside to drain.
- Add 1/2 tbs oil and Sautee garlic and onions until translucent.
- Add the ground beef, potatoes and carrots back to the pan, stir in raisins.
- Season with salt and pepper,add soy sauce, ketchup and sambal
- Stir in frozen peas.
- Allow peas to warm through and serve with steamed rice or quinoa and a poached egg (optional)