- 70 g rice powder (glutinous)
- 50 g flour
- 1/3 tsp salt
- 75 g water
- 120 g sweetened azuki red bean paste
- 1 whole sweet potato
- Peel sweet potato"s skin and cut it into 6 pieces. Soak them in some water for a while.
- Put rice powder, flour, salt and water into a bowl and mix them well till they become together. Adjust the dough with some water if it is too hard.
- Wrap it and rest it in a fridge for about 30 minutes or more.
- Divide the dough into 6 pieces. Flat each of them by hands to make a round sheet.
- Put azuki paste (1/6) and one piece of sweet potato on the developed dough and wrap them.
- Steam the dumplings for about 20 minutes till the potatoes are cooked.
- Wrap them with plastic films while they"re still hot to keep their skin soft and moist.
- For azuki, I used this: https://cookpad.com/uk/recipes/282522-japanese-sweet-azuki-beans