- 100 g chocolate
- 2 large eggs (3 normal)
- 125 g butter
- 275 g caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 50 g self-raising flour
- 25 g plain flour
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 100 g walnut (optional)
- 100 g dried cherries
- 1 Baking tray
- Heat the oven to 180°c and grease and line the tray.
- Melt the chocolate.
- Put the butter, sugar and vanilla in a separate big bowl. Beat until they are fluffy. Add the eggs and beat well.
- Put both types of flour and the cocoa powder into the same bowl. Add the melted chocolate and mix well.
- (Optional stage): Mix in the cherries and nuts.
- Put the mixture into the tray. Smooth the top with a spoon.
- Bake for 35 mins. It should be crusty on the top but soft in the middle. Leave out of the oven for 20 mins to cool.