- 1 acorn squash
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 tbsp butter, or vegan butter
- 2/3 cup hot water
- 1/3 cup heavy cream, or coconut milk
- 1/2 chicken bouillon, or vegetable bouillon
- 2 tsp dry basil
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper, or to taste
- Peel and chop acorn Squash into small cubes. Peel and using your knife flatten garlic cloves
- Boil squash and garlic cloves for 5-10 minutes, until fork tender.
- Using a strainer, remove squash and garlic from boiling water and pour into a high power blender.
- To the squash and garlic, add in the water, cream, butter, and below seasonings.
- Blend together until sooth in texture. Pour back into the same pot that you boiled your Squash in, and let it simmer on medium-low heat for 3 minutes. Then serve!!