- 1-15 oz. can chickpeas or 1-1/2 c. cooked
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1/2 red bell pepper, deseeded & cut into chunks
- 1/2 onion, cut into chunks
- 1 c. baby spinach
- 1-1/2 c. breadcrumbs, gluten free
- 2 TBL Tomato Paste
- 1/2 tsp. Chili powder
- to taste Salt & pepper
- In a food processor, pulse the chickpeas and brown rice together about 10 times. Scrape into a large bowl.
- Puree bell pepper, onion & spinach in food processor until well combined, this mixture will be very wet. Transfer the mixture into the bowl with the chickpea mixture.
- Stir in the breadcrumbs, tomato paste, chili powder, salt & pepper. Mix with hands or wooden spoon to combine all ingredients together.
- Form mixture into patties and heat on a grill or skillet with olive oil until golden brown.