- 10 spring roll wrappers
- 100 g pork
- 1/2 onion
- 1/2 canned bamboo shoots (optional)
- 100 g vermicelli or glass noodles
- 4 dried shiitake mashrooms
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp each flour + water
- 1 tsp sake
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp oyster sauce
- Slice the onion, and chop the pork and mushrooms (after soaking to rehydrate). Heat a frying pan with 1 tsp of oil and scramble the eggs. Once cooked, transfer to a plate. Soak the vermicelli in boiling water to soften, then drain.
- Add another small amount of oil to the pan. Stir fry the pork, onion, and mushrooms on medium heat.
- Next add vermicelli, sake, soy sauce and oyster sauce to season. Keep stir frying for a few min. Then transfer to a plate with the scramble egg. Leave for 20 min or until cooled.
- Prepare the spring roll sheets. Put the mixture on the edge of a sheet, then roll tightly, avoid leaving any gaps. Seal the corner with the water flour mix. Repeat for rest of the sheets.
- Heat 2 cups of oil with medium-high heat. When the oil gets hot, add spring rolls and fry until golden brown, usually takes about 2-3 minutes. Turn over and fry for another 3 min until it looks crispy brown! Remove from oil, drain and leave to cool for a bit before eating. They are yummy dipped in soy sauce when eating!