- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp baking power
- 1 1/4 tsp salt, plus salt to sprinkle when done
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 4 tbs peanut oil
- 1 cup flour for working the dough, to sprinkle on the counter
- Peanut oil for frying
- Mix the flour, baking powder and salt
- Start mixing while pouring the oil and water. Work the dough by hand, on a lightly floured surface. Open a whole in the dough and add the egg.
- Continue mixing and adding water (if it is dry) or flour(if it is sticky). Let dough rest for 1 hour covered in plastic film.
- Separate the dough on ping pong balls size. Extend with a rolling pin over a floured counter.
- Fry in peanut oil heated medium-high, until it gets browns, turning on both sides.
- Place over paper towel, served sprinkled with salt.