- 2 XL egg yolks (room temp)
- 3 T fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 c freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 T Dijon mustard
- 1/2 c chopped fresh basil leaves, lightly packed
- 1/2 t minced garlic
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 c vegetable oil (room temp)
- 1/2 c olive oil (room temp)
- Place egg yolks, lemon juice, Parmesan, mustard, basil, garlic, 1 T salt, and 1 t pepper in food processor with steel blade. Process for 20 sec, until smooth.
- Combine vegetable oil and olive oil in 2-c measuring cup. With processor running, slowly pour oil through feed tube to make thick emulsion.
- Taste for seasoning. Store in refrigerator up to 1 week.