- 2 gallons water
- 1 1/2 cups kosher salt
- 3 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup worcestershire sauce
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 5 gallon bucket
- 1 turkey oven bag
- 1 turkey weight doesn't matter
- In large spaghetti pot over medium heat combine all ingredients one at a time to the 2 gallons of water.
- Slowly stir till disolved and remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature. (Heating is only to help dissolve the ingredients)
- Line the 5 gallon bucket with the oven bag and slowly pour in the room temprature brine over the turkey.
- Allow turkey to brine for 24 hours before smoking.
- Smoke turkey at 225 degrees at 35-40 mins per pound until the breasts are at 170-175. Allow turkey to rest in a turkey pan before serving.