- 2 lb baby carrots
- 1 green pepper, sliced in strips
- 1 onion, sliced in rings
- 1 can tomato soup
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1 tsp each salt, pepper, dry mustard
- Put Carrots in a sauce pan with just enough water to cover them.
- Boil until crisp tender.
- In another pan, add all marinade ingredients and bring to a rolling boil.
- When carrots are cooked, drain water and place in serving bowl.
- Pour hot marinade over hot carrots.
- Allow to cool to room temperature then add raw green peppers and onions.
- Marinate in refrigerator at least over night but it tastes better the longer it sits.